Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good Governance.
• The REACH project seeks to build Climate Resilience across 14 districts in northern Ghana.
• Through extensive capacity building measures on Conservation Agriculture, Community Engagement and improved planning and policies on District level, the challenges of climate change for rural areas are tackled.
• The Project is co-funded by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
• It is part of the EU Ghana Agricultural Programme which is implemented together with the Ministry of Food and Agriculture of Ghana (MoFA).
Scope of Role:
• As a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer you are responsible for the Result Oriented Monitoring of the project.
• In a team with another M&E Officer you develop tools and methodologies to capture and track the projects progress and thereby provide important information for the steering of its processes. At the same time you ensure that the necessary data for reporting and communication is available.
• Additionally, you are responsible for the implementation of a process to introduce the instrument of Sustainable Environmental Assessments at the 14 MMDAs of the projects joint programme area.
• Develops the monitoring structure based on the project logframe, gathered baseline data, as well as developing project
• implementation lines and ensure continuous progress indicator tracking towards management and project team
• Effectively links the project monitoring system with the EU-GAP structures and the EU monitoring system
• Plans and Guides data collection with technical project staff and the Regional/District Planning and Coordination Units
• Steering the process to implement a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) capacity-building programme
• Is responsible for planning, coordinating and documenting meetings or workshops, with a focus on M&E Support project management on the progress review and potential adjustments to log frame structure
• Collects input and produces the annual narrative report to the EU Delegation Ghana
• Creates a frequent exchange and a planned joint reporting mechanism with the M&E focal points of EU Ghana Agriculture Programme (EUGAP)
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in social sciences, monitoring & evaluation, development planning or any relevant field for the position.
• 3 years’ work experience in a comparable position with a track record on developing and setting up monitoring systems.
• Work experience with public sector institutions and experience in the field of sustainable environmental analysis.
• Strong analytical skills and knowledge in quantitative/qualitative analysis, ability to produce structured reports.
• Experience in analyzing agricultural/environmental as well as socio-economic related data.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, proven skill in report writing.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Team, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Excellent knowledge of English; Knowledge of local languages of Upper West is a strong asset.
• Strong knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (e.g. data analysis programmes like SPSS, Power BI etc.).
• Ability to work under pressure, strong team orientation, cooperation, and negotiation skills
• Applicants living in and around the northern regions are highly encouraged to apply.
• Applicants should be willing to relocate.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
email@example.com quoting the Job Code 2023/REACH-M&E/17/10 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 27 October, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.