Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good Governance.
• The programme “Participation, Accountability and Integrity for a resilient Democracy” PAIReD) supports key state and civil societyactors in building up capacities to implement a citizen-oriented, integer and accountable governance on local and national level.
• A special focus is placed on improving tax policy and tax management for a fairer and more sustainable mobilization of revenue and strengthening the regulatory capacities of the public administration for a more accountable and transparent expenditure planning.
• Furthermore, the capacities of state institutions for uncovering and prosecuting cases of corruption and money laundering are strengthened and competencies of civil society and media for their participation in accountability processes are being improved
Scope of Role:
• In this role you are responsible for the technical, substantive and organizational implementation of a project’s measures and activities.
• In consultation with your line manager, you also assume tasks related to planning, steering and monitoring the project, including project administration tasks in some cases.
• Provide technical capacity of partner local authorities to undertake Geo-spatial Analysis (Spatial Data Capturing, Spatial Data Development and Spatial Data Implementation) to produce sustainable spatial and land use plans.
• Interpret Legal Regimes on Spatial and Land Use Planning (Laws, Policies and Guidelines) to support partners to apply same and provide relevant inputs for reforms based on local experiences.
• Develop and deliver tailor-made capacity building programmes to strengthen the capacities of partner local authorities and other relevant stakeholders.
• Organize and facilitate technical trainings, meetings, workshops to strengthen spatial and land use planning practice.
• Develop guidelines and tools for participatory spatial and land use planning and management accountability.
• Provide quality assurance and backstopping for partners
• Develop tools and initiatives to ensure the effective involvement of and participation of especially women, PWDs and youth in relevant planning processes and activities.
Qualification Required & Experience
• MSc. / MPhil Spatial or Development Planning, Geographic Information System/ Urban Planning Management/ Geography
and Regional Planning
• At least 3 to 5 years’ relevant professional working experience – preferably working with international NGO or international
organizations in the area of Land Use Planning
• Expertise in Use of Geographic Information System (GIS) and Remote Sensing Tools
• Good knowledge in land ownership and administration systems in Ghana
• Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks independently related to design, planning and implementation of programme in a multistakeholder environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills participatory processes and addressing vulnerabilities in the same.
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS
• Strong command of the English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of German language is an asset.
• Proactive attitude towards personal growth and institutional changes
• Good interpersonal, management and communication skills
• Rendering result-oriented performance
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Code 2023/PAIReD-LUP/16/10 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 30 October, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.