The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
• Agribusiness Facility for Africa (ABF)- The regional project Agribusiness Facility for Africa (ABF) supports development cooperation programmes, enterprises and institutions in the introduction and implementation of broad-based agribusiness training for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises.
• Together with the GIZ project MOVE-ComCashew, ABF implements component 1 of an EU framework programme.
• This cooperation aims to develop and improve the capacities of actors along the agricultural value chains of cashew, cocoa, maize and livestock (cattle, sheep and goats) in 78 African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries in order to promote investment. Other project offices are currently in Germany, Côte d’Ivoire, and South Africa.
Scope of Role:
• The Technical Advisor will be responsible for carrying out project activities required for implementing the Matching Fund Grant (MGF) and formulating action plans as well as identifying capacity building needs during the implementation of MGF projects.
1. Management and coordination
• Coordinates and assists in preparing and conducting project activities and carries out other activities required for implementing the MGF.
• Assists international advisers in carrying out their work in the MGF process.
• Assists in the development and or update MGF tools, constitution and operationalization of expert commissions.
• Helps identify the capacity building needs of partners during the implementation of MGF projects.
• Participates in formulating project action plans and helps synchronise the planning and budgeting system and counterparts.
• Contributes to teamwork to materialize decisions and contracts.
• Supports the partner institutions for preparing, implementing, and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities.
2. Communication and networking
• Develops and maintains contact with all important stakeholders.
• Provides technical assistance to local and international experts.
• Ensures knowledge management collects, processes and distributes relevant information, monitors communication and interaction between MGF partners through participation in meetings and seminars etc.
3. Other duties/additional tasks
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or social sciences with experience in the capacity building and/or rural development sector).
• At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position, preferably within GIZ.
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and related MS Office software (in particular Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams).
• Strong managerial and organisational competence.
• Willingness to travel regularly.
• Very good knowledge of English, French and/or German language will be an advantage.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
email@example.com quoting the Job Code 2023/ABF/TA/24/08 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 07 September, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.