The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
• Agribusiness Facility for Africa (ABF)- The regional project Agribusiness Facility for Africa (ABF) supports development cooperation programmes, enterprises and institutions in the introduction and implementation of broad-based agribusiness training for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises.
• Together with the GIZ project MOVE-ComCashew, ABF implements component 1 of an EU framework programme.
• This cooperation aims to develop and improve the capacities of actors along the agricultural value chains of cashew, cocoa, maize and livestock (cattle, sheep and goats) in 78 African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries in order to promote investment. Other project offices are currently in Germany, Côte d’Ivoire, and South Africa
Scope of Role:
• The junior communication specialist will be responsible for providing support in implementing the project’s communication and visibility strategy, and in the maintenance of communications with relevant internal and external stakeholders, as well as provide administrative support to the team.
• Facilitation and moderation of team-internal and external meetings.
• Organisational support for events (in presence or virtual).
• Designing factsheets in the corporate design.
• Link e-learning offers to events and promotional activities.
• Representing the project on e.g. fairs or conferences (in cooperation with other staff members).
• Administrative support to the project team, e.g. on travel claims, small procurements, etc.
Qualification Required & Experience
• BA degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communication, or similar.
• Initial experience (internship or similar) in this area, preferably within GIZ.
• Solution-driven mindset.
• Ability to organize workload and deliver under the pressure of deadline.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent knowledge of the English language; French and/or German are advantageous.
• Basic knowledge of editing software.
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g., MS Office, especially Word and PowerPoint).
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Code 2023/ABF/JC/31/08 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 14 September, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.