Fully Funded University of Alberta Scholarships For Nursing Students
The University of Alberta is among the Top 5 Canadian universities. You can now apply for the Alberta University Scholarships for international nursing students. Obviously, this is a Fantastic Scholarship program for Students in Ghana to study nursing.
The Faculty of Nursing at the University of Alberta is one of the largest nursing faculties in the country, and unique as the only Canadian member of the National Hartford Centers for Gerontological Nursing Excellence.
Why Study In Canada?
Choose Canada as your study or research destination and explore the scholarship opportunities available to support the best and brightest to come to Canada. Explore our database by country of origin to find scholarships, fellowships, or funding opportunities made available by Global Affairs Canada and other Canadian federal government departments.
Details about University of Alberta Scholarships For International Students
- Host Country: Canada
- University: Alberta University
- Study Level: Masters
- Scholarship Coverage: Fully Funded
Scholarships Opportunities Available to International students
Canadian governments and non-profit and international organizations offer a number of scholarships and grants to international students who want to study in Canadian colleges, universities, and institutes. VISIT HERE TO READ MORE
AVAILABLE PROGRAMS FOR APPLICANTS
- Firstly, MN NP (Advanced Clinical Focus)
- Secondly, Advanced Clinical-Nurse Practitioner Focus
- Also, Post MN Nurse Practitioner
- Lastly, MN Bypass
For more information: VISIT HERE
Students from the following countries are eligible to apply:
- Burkina Faso
- Ivory Coast
- To begin with, applicants must have a baccalaureate degree in nursing with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0/4.0 or the equivalent calculated on the basis of the last 60 course weights (i.e. last two years of full-time study)
- Secondly, applicants must have completed one undergraduate course in statistics and one in research methods with a final grade of B or higher in each. Students who completed these courses more than 6 years prior to applying to the MN program are encouraged to review the content of these courses or enroll in an undergraduate statistics and/or research course prior to beginning the MN program.
- Also, MN applicants who desire to become eligible for entry-to-practice as a Nurse Practitioner require 4,500 hours of registered nursing practice, appropriate to the program category (i.e. Adult, Neonate, or Family/All Ages), prior to entering the program. Students will be tested on physical assessment skills at the beginning of NURS 516 (Adult/FAA) or NURS 518 (Neonate).
- As required, a passing score on an English Language Examination.
- However, applicants with degrees/qualifications in a language other than English must demonstrate English language proficiency.
- Lastly, applicants with qualifications from certain countries and international universities are exempt from the English language requirements (see the FGSR exemptions list).
Additional Supporting Documents Required
- A completed Online Application for Graduate Admission. Please note, that unsubmitted applications are deleted 21 calendar days after you begin your application or the application deadline (whichever comes first).
- Also, we suggest before you start your application, you gather the documents necessary to complete and submit your application (e.g. transcripts, degree certificates, English Language Proficiency scores, referee contact information, and other documents required by the department offering the program to which you’re applying).
- Therefore, if you require assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please email email@example.com or refer to the FAQ section of the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research website.
- Hence, an official transcript issued to you by the post-secondary institution (preferred) or a transcript/student record obtained from the self-serve web system of the post-secondary institution (must meet the criteria listed in the Application Requirement for Academic Documents).
- Additionally, there must be three letters of reference (at least one from an academic setting and at least one from a nursing practice setting). The third letter can be either academic or work-related. Please disregard the statement on the online application that it must be 1 academic and 2 work references.
- Unfortunately, this can not be changed but does not reflect the options available in choosing referees for our program.
- Lastly, students seeking admission to the program in a specific advanced practice specialty area should provide a letter of support regarding their clinical expertise in that specialty area if possible. Reference request emails (system-generated) will be sent to referees upon final submission of the application. READ MORE
How To Apply
Interested candidates should click on the links provided below to read more.
Also, For more Educational News CLICK HERE
WhatsApp & Telegram Educational Alert
To get daily Educational News on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE